Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summertime

Hey Ya'll: I have been at my most favorite spot in the whole wide world. Truth is my
world was beginning to seem a little frenzied. Now I have walked on the beach, read books, slept, stared at the ever changing colors of the marsh, visited with old friends, and last but not least I have been body surfing. Shocking!!!! I know....Someone of my size and age. But I love to ride waves. There is a hurricane brewing off the east coast. This caused quite a bit of turbulence in the ocean. I love that. So, off I headed into the surf with my skirted bathing suit on. The water was so rough, that my skirt got wadded up and stretched to my ankles. I looked like something from the 1800's instead of 2010. It was immediately pitched. Next day, the sun rises, the ocean calls and I don my second bathing suit. This suit has hardware holding up the front and the back. Again, headlong into my fifth or sixth wave....POP.... Bathing suit number two has bitten the dust. It was immediately pitched. So, on my final day, I had to dig deep into my luggage. Thankfully, I had packed an oldie goldie. Unfortunately, this bathing suit is losing it's elastic. Not good. No elastic and the legs ride up to expose my buttocks. I keep covered up until I can't stand it anymore. Great abandon occurs when I am riding waves. Your body is flung around in such a topsy turvy manner that you don't know which end is up much less trying to complete a thought except maybe...Please God, don't let a shark think I am a seal or some other tasty morsel. When I am in the ocean, I feel weightless and carefree until something rubs against my leg or nibbles on my toe. Scary! I hate it when I am swimming and the guy on the beach next to me decides to fish. Hugh lines, lots of bait. I know I taste better than a mullet. Anyway, at the end of the day, we had great dinners. Drank lots of wine. Watching the moon rise and the stars come out is one of God's best miracles. To end the day, we got into a name calling all out war game of spades. The first two nights Precious and company won but the second two nights....the ladies were victorious. My friends are generous to a fault. They healed me. I am thankful for good friends, good wine, good food, sleep and incredible beaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment