Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wishing and Hoping

My daughter is the first grandchild on my side of the family. She reigns supreme.
Her tiara shines and the entire family thinks she is something of a miracle. Guess
who might have been the one most under her spell? My father. My father loved my
little girl. He loved all of his grandchildren very much. But being the first grandchild, allowed them to spend time together. They went shopping together, they went to the park together, they went to the beach together and they read together. My father died in 1997. This is 2010. I have pretty much handled my grief and gotten on with my life. But I miss my Dad. I want him to know that our baby is getting married. I want him to know that he is missed. He will be missed at her wedding. So....Dad if you are in heaven or space or wherever your spirit is resting, know that I love you and miss you and that our baby is getting married.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure Pappa will be looking down from heaven- don't make me cry before the big day!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete