Monday, August 16, 2010

This one's for the girls......

I had been at my job about 6 months when it was time for my first review. My boss
kept saying we were one big family. In my head I was thinking, not my family. In fact, I despised the job. The job description involved sweeping and dusting and wiping down counter tops. It involved emptying trash. It was hot. My desk is wedged between the bathroom and the copier. Cramped...did I say hot??? There was a lot to learn and we were busy. Think back, four years ago....you had a little pocket change. Now, I have a limited understanding about china, crystal, pewter, and the monster in the room....the computer. We have endured death, divorce, boyfriends, illness,engagements and pregnancy. We have each others' backs. We share stories, food, tears and laughter. At Christmas, we gather and sing Christmas carols and put on a very amateur performance of some kind. We drape ourselves in bows and ribbons and hats and actually pretend like we are on Broadway. We make fools of ourselves because our boss, the lady we love, loves it. So a toast to you sweet girls, I love each and everyone of you. My boss was right, we are like family.....Oh yea, I've put a fan under my desk. It blows up my skirt all day, thus the smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment