Monday, August 2, 2010

Money

Pink Floyd and The Beatles all sing songs about money. Liza Minnelli and Joel Grey in Cabaret and Meryl Streep in Mama Mia sing songs about money. Actually, all four of the above, are singing about not having any money. My mother taught me at an early age not to discuss money. It is crass. She also taught me to always tell the truth. I have a theory. When planning a wedding.....Lie. Lie like a rug.
If you ask for a cake to feed 200 people, it is one price. If you say you would like
a wedding cake for 200 people, the price immediately skyrockets. You could feed a small nation for a year for the same price. I'm using the baker as an example but this is true for the florist, the dress, the tents, the entertainment, the invitations, the photographer and transportation. Basically, all aspects of a wedding. Again, Lie. Just tell people you are having a party. You will save thousands. I remember asking a friend about the cost of an item and she said and I quote, "I don't remember. After awhile I had to quit trying to get the best deal because I was making my self sick". Now, I thought she was insane. Of course, you should try to get the best deal. Of course you compare prices. Guess what? She was right. After all is said and done, you just write the check. I just have one more question, do I get a discount for using cash?

No comments:

Post a Comment