Friday, August 13, 2010

Please Mr. Postman...

Checking my mailbox is the most excitement I've had in years. Everyday, envelopes are addressed to me!!! They are not bills...Yea!!! They are the response cards. These cards are in my physical mailbox. You know, the one by the street, next to our driveway. I open the front of the mailbox like a gift. It's the little things in life that make me happy. In an effort to get organized, I alphabetized the guests' names in my notebook. That would be a spiral bound notebook not an Ipad notebook. Then I alphabetize the days' responses and check them against the name in my book. Next, I put the alphabetized response cards in a box as some people write clever remarks on them and my daughter may want to read them someday. Now maybe this is not the most efficient way to organize, but it works for me. It never goes down. Experts tell you that a certain percentage of the invitees will say they will not be able to attend. I counted on that percentage. Only ONE "no" so far. This could take Precious out.

No comments:

Post a Comment