Monday, August 9, 2010

Where have all the flowers gone????

As previously stated, I work in retail with lots of brides. The benefit of this for me was getting great references. If my friends thought the vendor did a great job, was easy to work with and had a fair price, that was endorsement enough. They were hired. The florist was one recommended. Now, I love flowers so to me this was one of the more important aspects of the wedding. For some people it's the dress, some the cake but for me it's definitely the flowers. So these guys had me hooked from the beginning. First, they had two dogs and were getting a third. This elevates them to extreme heights in my mind. Second, they were all in with the more is more theory. Third, when my daughter wanted simple and I want crystals and rhinestones and feathers and peacocks and flowers on every surface, they didn't cringe. In fact, they gave me a great big hot pink feather. This feather holds a prominent spot in my parlor. So now I love them. Love, love, love them. They allow me to show them pictures in books and magazines that I admire. They don't seem to mind if I call them once a week with a new thought. Every month we make a little payment towards the flowers...kinda like layaway....sad, but true. I recommend them to every bride I encounter. I hope their business explodes. So, if you are wondering where all the flowers have gone, I pray they are in some cooler with my name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment