Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Make new friends but keep the old

This entire wedding experience is humbling. The generosity of friends is incredible.
A group of my dear friends gave our daughter a shower. It was perfect. I have known some of them since grade school, some since high school and one since college. Just walking in the door made me weepy. There was a beautiful basket of flowers on the front door. Linens had been pressed, furniture had been dusted, gardens had been raided all in honor of my bride to be. Iced tea (the house wine of the south) and prosecco was passed around. Then one of these angels gave the blessing. I swear I didn't know she had it in her. Now I really was a mess. The food at the luncheon was so delicious that you would swear Julia Child was in the kitchen. Then gifts were opened and everyone was exclaiming. Now at some point, another one of these angels decided to pass around her homemade shortbread. Need I say more??Homemade!!! Unfortunately, the tray tilted and some of the shortbread ended up on the floor. So we scrambled to pick them up and declared the 10 second rule was in effect. You do know the 10 second rule??? Now my STBSIL's mother did have the tiniest angst on her face as several of us popped the shortbread in our mouths and sighed in pure joy. Not to worry, she'll get used to us. So all in all it was very, very, very special. Am I lucky or what??????

No comments:

Post a Comment