Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Girl

One afternoon sitting on the beach, we were discussing the perfect song for the father-daughter dance. These can reduce a stoic drill sergeant to tears. Lots of options were tossed about. However, Precious is definitely weighing in. The song must have a good tempo. He likes John Prine. I do too...just not for the wedding. His idea is too be dancing with our daughter to "Can I go all the way with you" ....not kidding and have my STBSIL break in. Does this give you any idea of what I'm up against? Both my daughter and Precious want something unique. "My Girl" is out of the question. If I make a suggestion, I am being dogmatic. What the Hell... All I know is we have a band that plays beach music and I don't think country western songs are on their playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment