Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oh You've Gotta Have Friends

I love, love, love our friends. They are kind, funny, intelligent, classy, compassionate good people. They have offered to give parties in honor of our
daughter... bridesmaids luncheon, engagement party, kitchen shower, around the house shower. They have given me books to read. Offerings of wine, notes from their
daughters' weddings, photos of their daughters weddings, wine, information on florists, photographers, caterers, wine, advise, use of their homes and clubs and their time, have all been generously presented. One friend even addressed the wedding invitations. Some friends assembled the wedding invitations. Some friends love the wedding experience. Some were overwhelmed. But this I know, I have been a slacker in their time of need.

Weddings are happening for six of my dear friends' daughters. Do you have any idea how comforting it is to have company on this voyage??? We have laughed, compared notes, shared information and generally waded through together. Friendship is so underrated. I value my friends more than they will ever know. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment