Sunday, September 12, 2010

Car 54 where are you?

Another professional needs to come on board. The make up artist. Now I am a middle aged woman who has been applying make up for more years than I can count. My daughter has been applying make up for at least the last 10 years. So why do we need an artist? I know I need one. Hell it would take a plastic surgeon, a sculptor and a make up artist to help me but not my daughter. I am biased. She is beautiful. Her skin truly is flawless. It was not inherited from me or my side of the family. So I think it is a crime to cover her face with cover up. But, to be a good sport, we head off to a recommended professional. First, her house was in Simbabwe. No joke. Then as we were closing in on the home stretch, the blue lights start flashing and they are behind my car. I pull over and am informed that I was going 53 in a 35MPH zone. Thankfully the officer took pity on me being lost and all and gave me a warning. Four phone calls to ask for more explicit directions ( NEVER trust a GPS) to this lady's house later, we arrive. We go to her bathroom and the applications begin. So the first comment I made was, you look green. Then the make up is too thick. Then what is with those cat eyes? And finally, the lips need a little more color. She looked gorgeous when we left but I thought she looked gorgeous when we arrived. The old hag in the mirror, got NO help. No trial run. Still looked old and dried out with bags under my eyes for the ride home. Where is the natural look?
When did we embrace the movie star in us all? Where is my trailer?

No comments:

Post a Comment