Tuesday, September 7, 2010

These boots are made for walking

Next on the list of mandatory must haves for the wedding are shoes. The new trend today is for brides to wear colored shoes. You think I'm kidding. Just look in any bridal magazine. They look great. Red, purple or blue and all of them and I mean all of them have high heels. When I was a young girl, there was this material called peau de soie. You would take your fabric swatch and your pair of peau de soie shoes to the shoe guy and he would dye your shoe to match the fabric. You wanted to do this way in advance of the occasion so the shoes would have plenty of time to dry. Once, I was at my junior-senior and had my shoes dyed a lovely kelly green to match my dress. My boyfriend took me to this very upscale club for dinner. After dinner, we were walking to the car and I noticed that my shoes had these red clumps all over them. Pieces of carpet were adhered to my shoes. This was not really the look that I was going for. I was discreetly rubbing my feet together but alas, the little fur balls were attached with what appeared to be super glue. Thus, my shoe dyeing days came to an abrupt stop. Sorry, I got side tracked but as you can tell it was a traumatic event. So now we would all like to look nice but once again that old comfort issue rears it's ugly head. I have a bunion. Regular shoes hurt much less dressy shoes. The other issue is that not only do I need shoes but the entire family needs shoes. We need shoes for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. For my daughter and I, this will be like a please don't throw us in the briar patch moment. For Precious and my son, not so much. It is now football season. We now interrupt this game for a little excursion known as shoe shopping.....Watch out cause these boots are gonna walk all over you.......

No comments:

Post a Comment