Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair

Terrific things happen when you old. You get wiser. You have a cleansing. You really only do things that you want to do with people you want to be with. No more obligatory junk. You don't sweat the small stuff and if you do, you don't remember it the next day. Some not so great things also happen when you get old. The neck. That thing flapping in the breeze .....oh my God...it's my arm. Hair. Gray hair emerges. I'm not talking about just on your head. Eyebrows, eyelashes and other unmentionables. But strange hairs appear. Before you see them or any of your friends have the guts to mention, uh I think there is a 4 inch long hair on the side of your neck. Run to the mirror with tweezers and pluck that sucker out. Here is a great fear of mine. What if I'm laid up in the hospital? If you are true friend, you will promise to survey the landscape and take whatever measures you deem necessary to make me presentable to others. Friends wax and pluck and shave. Waxing is great if you want to have skin that looks like a red hot tamale for 4 days. Plucking...immediate but painful. Also, more time consuming. Shaving. Dermatologists say all women should shave their faces. This would mean commitment daily. I'm not so good at anything that absolutely, positively must be done every single day for the rest of my life. When did I (the girliest of girly girls) have to worry about looking like a man????

No comments:

Post a Comment