Monday, July 26, 2010

So November appeals to everyone. It works with the oh so important football schedule,
the grueling heat of summer should have passed and it is not interfering with any major holiday. So I place my first call to the church. No that date in November is
not available. We pick a second, third and fourth choice. The lady at the church is
saying there is no clergy. Really!!! There is a conference, a retreat, classes,
previously booked weddings..etc. She has also told my daughter that she will have to
pay an extra fee since she is not a member of the church. Now, I have been a pledging member for too many years to count. I taught Sunday School. I greeted Newcomers. I participated in vacation bible school. I also worked at the church for a brief period filling in until a permanent replacement was on board. My daughter sang in the choir and was an acolyte. Not a member, my temperature is rising.

Time to call in the big guns. I hate to resort to such but please, what am I supposed
to do. Guess what???? It is a miracle. We have a proposed date for the wedding!!!!!
Unfortunately, there is a football game but not a MAJOR game. It could possibly be
warm but hopefully not hot. Looks like late September it is. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment