Thursday, July 22, 2010

My only daughter called at 2:00 in the morning. Gut wrenching fear.....are you ok? Are you
crying? What you're engaged!!!! We both cry.....Of course, I knew this was going to happen,
it was just of matter of when. My soon to be daughter's fiance had come to our home to ask for permission
to marry our daughter in early December. For the next two weeks, I couldn't talk to her or
anyone else for that matter as I have a huge mouth and keeping secrets from my daughter
is almost impossible. I didn't tell my mother or siblings or friends and basically stayed awake for two weeks trying to keep my mouth shut. How are you? Fine. Just about all I could muster. Black circles were under my eyes and creases formed around my mouth...you know...the new tight line of silence. At work, numerous mistakes...stupid mistakes...became my norm. I was distracted. Now he has popped the question and she said YES!!!!! He loves her, she loves him and the wedding planning begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment