Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh my gawd!!!! They have already asked 500 people to be groomsmen. All hopes of a small, intimate family affair at our favorite vacation spot dashed. I mean my soon to be son in law (STBSIL)is an extremely likable fellow. He has a million friends, has been in a million weddings and now would like to return the favor. OK!!!! I am jumping the gun.....if you think a nice calm enjoy the process of being engaged period is upon us, you would be dead wrong!!!! When is the wedding, where is the wedding? where is the reception? People, it is the week of Christmas...NO ONE IS OPEN. I'll make some calls but things are not very promising.

When planning a wedding there are numerous considerations. Perhaps the most shocking
one here in the south is your favorite team's football schedule. I found a great weekend and the church would be beautiful. Guess what??? The betrothed could not
possibly marry then as all their friends will be at blah blah game. Now we must consider holidays, birthdays, football games, and scheduled manicures. Availability
at the church and reception site are way down on the list.

Another shocker... My daughter says, when are we having Christmas because STBSIL's
family is having theirs at.... and we need to arrange time to be with both families.
WHAT????? You mean I have to share????? Kindergarten is when I learned to share.
Also, the golden rule....I would like to throw both premises out the window. This
is my baby. Christmas will be at my house. It will last for two-three days. Christmas Eve service, Christmas morning breakfast, Christmas at my house, Christmas
with the entire family. Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and old friends. So let me get this straight. You plan on being at the Christmas service and our house?
Not so sure this marriage thing is a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment