Friday, July 23, 2010

I work in retail. The store caters to all desires of those to be married. We help
brides pick out their formal china, crystal, casual china and stainless. The entire
downstairs is full of merchandise to make the newlyweds new homes a showplace...Crystal bowls, silver candlesticks, cool serving trays, picture frames, decorative accessories, pitchers, decanters for the bar, desk accoutrement and finally those oh so special baby gifts. I love brides. I love brides' mothers. I love brides' grandmothers. I love brides' friends. But this bride, my bride...she has made me very, very emotional.

So now it is 10 days before Christmas. At work, we are a smidge crazy. Busy would
be an understatement. But here comes my baby and she has a gorgeous ring on her
left hand!!! It is a magnificent oval diamond ring. A three stone number...the center stone is larger than the two on either side. Tears, more tears. Customers look at me like I have 10 eyeballs. WE ooooHHHHHH and aaaaahhhhh and carry on like loons. Then I really have to focus. I need to get back to work...

By the way Mom, could we have (the fiance's) family for dinner to celebrate? But of
course!!! NO problem!!!! I'll get home at 6 and they can come at 7. No biggy.
Quick call to my husband......clean the bathroom, order take out and generally
pick up.

Bless his heart! He made a fire!!! Chilled the champagne and picked up the barbecue.
All I had to do was rearrange the furniture, move a few rugs, set the table and look
cool, calm and collected.

The family arrived...groom, his parents, his grandmother, his sister and her husband.
My son, my mom and her husband also were in attendance.

What a night!! Lots of hugging and kissing and toasting and drinking...thank God....drinking.

We think, no we know this is going to be a good thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment